Supportive Educational Services (SES) Grant Assistance and the TRIO Grant
Financial Aid and Scholarships (FAS) assists the Supportive Educational Services (SES) office with reporting and awarding grants to SES students as part of serving students in special populations. The TRIO grant has been designed to financially assist Supportive Educational Services participants who are Pell recipients. The intention of the grant is to reduce the amount of indebtedness of participants with limited income.
SES TRIO Grant Eligibility Criteria:
- A student must have been accepted to receive services from the SES program and be in compliance with the SES program requirements outlined in the contract signed by the student.
- Students must apply for the grant each academic year.
- Students must be degree-seeking.
- Student must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards as defined by KU FAS.
- There is no minimum GPA for grant eligibility as long as student is meeting SAP standards.
- There is no minimum enrollment (student may receive award if enrolled in as few as one credit hour).
- The student must be a Federal Pell Grant recipient AND have unmet need that is equal to or higher than the Federal Pell Grant minimum appropriation for the academic year.
- There is no application priority date for this grant.
- Award amount is typically consistent with the smallest Federal Pell Grant award for a full-time student.
- Awards are dependent upon availability of funds from various sources.
- Freshmen and Sophomore students will have priority over Junior and Senior students.
- Students are awarded based on eligibility criteria, application date and fund availability.
11/08/2017: Updated contact information, approval.