KU Edwards Federal Government Partnership Employee Scholarship
This policy describes the eligibility requirements and scholarship amount/discount for the Federal Government Partnership Employee Scholarship.
- Prospective and current degree or certificate seeking students at the KU Edwards Campus who are current federal employees.
- Prospective and current Professional and Continuing Education students who are current federal employees.
- Prospective and current KU Public Management Center students who are current federal employees.
Scholarship for KU Edwards Undergraduate, Graduate and Certificate Programs
- Current federal employees admitted to an eligible KU Edwards Campus program (federal contractors are not eligible).
- Undergraduate or graduate degree or certificate seeking students.
- While scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis, all applications for each semester must be received by the following priority deadlines:
- Fall Semester – August 1
- Spring Semester – December 1
- Summer Semester – May 1
- Enrolled in at least one credit hour in a KU Edwards Campus program.
- Scholarship is stackable with other scholarships and grants.
- Scholarships will be awarded to all students currently receiving the benefit each term as long as they meet the scholarship criteria and submit updated employer authorization letters each semester by the priority deadlines.
- Students who take a leave of absence and return will be eligible for renewal as long as all scholarship criteria are met.
- There is no “back-awarding” for a semester already in progress or past.
- Scholarship Amount/Discount and Course Section Eligibility
- Equal to the amount of 10% of the BASE TUITION for in-state residents and eligible MetroRate students. Fees are not covered.
- Equal to the amount of 10% of the all-inclusive rate for students enrolled in all-inclusive rate courses.
- Equal to the amount of 25% of the BASE TUITION for non-resident students. Fees are not covered.
- Equal to the amount of 25% of the all-inclusive rate for students enrolled in the M.S. in Applied Statistics & Analytics program.
- Only courses that are KU Edwards sections are eligible; e.g. if students are in one KU Edwards class and one KU Lawrence/KU Medical Center class, they will receive the appropriate discount applied only to the KU Edwards Campus class.
- There are no maximum limits for the award per term for a student or overall for a student through completion.
Scholarship for KU Professional & Continuing Education (PCE)
- Current federal employees who are registering in an eligible PCE training program may receive a 10% discount from the total course price.
Scholarship for Public Management Center (PMC)
- Current federal employees applying for an eligible PMC program may receive a 10% discount from the total course price.
Federal contractors are not eligible.
Assistant Director of KU Edwards Financial Aid and Scholarships
All-inclusive rate: The same rate is charged regardless of a student’s residency status.
2018-05-25: New policy reviewed and approved by the Edwards Campus Policy & Procedures Committee.