KUMC Policy for Use of Student Health Services
This policy presents terms and regulations for the utilization of Student Health Services by students and/or their significant others.
Students on KUMC Campus only.
The KUMC Student Health Center extends primary care services to affiliated students, spouses and partners of all currently enrolled on-campus KUMC students. After paying the initial fees, all affiliated students, spouses and partners are subject to the same services and charges as on-campus enrolled KUMC students. All persons seen at the Student Health Center must provide documentation of current insurance coverage.
Affiliated students are those who are:
- not currently enrolled in a KUMC course, but have a strong affiliation to the Medical Center and are enrolled on the Lawrence Campus (example: Speech and Hearing Students)
- enrolled on the Lawrence campus, but frequently are at the medical center for student affiliated business (example: pharmacy students)
- enrolled in an on-line course(s) only (example: PhD nursing students)
- enrolled on a University of Kansas campus that does not have a student center (example: Edwards Campus students)
- taking a school approved leave of absence and have valid and active Student Health Insurance plan.
Spring semester typically runs from January 1 until July 31st. Fall semester runs from August 1 until December 31. Rates for services and dates are subject to fluctuate slightly based on the academic calendar. Any student who paid the Student Records Keeping Fee will be credited the amount to ensure equal fee payment for SHS.
All enrolled students, regardless of campus or on-line status, are able to use KUMC Student Health services in order to meet Student Health requirements.
Failure to pay student health fees may prevent students from obtaining services from KUMC Student Health Services
KUMC Student Health Services Director
Student Center 1012
3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160
The policies are based on collaborating institutional requirements to address healthcare and occupational safety.
9/27/16: Reviewed no changes.
05/06/2016: Removed Date Last Reviewed
07/23/2015: Published online to the Policy Library