Fitness Policy: KU Recreation Services
Create a fair and balanced structure in a safe environment.
Programs, services, facilities, participants of KU Recreation Services
Cardio Respiratory Training Area (CRT)
1. Use of collars is mandatory while using any free weight bars.
2. Each weight, plate and bar shall be returned to its specific location after use.
3. Don’t leave any weights on the floor. They are to be placed on their respective racks.
4. Water and Sport Drinks ONLY are allowed in the CRT area. Food and tobacco of any form is not permitted in CRT area.
5. NO equipment is to leave or be moved from its designated area.
6. Spitting is not permitted.
7. There is a 30 minute limit on all fitness equipment, unless there is not a line.
8. Only authorized KU Recreation Services staff is to operate the televisions.
9. Free weights and plates are to be done on the rubberized floor only.
10. Use exercise equipment for intended use only.
11. Participants must remain at least 5 feet away from the walls and mirrors.
12. Participants must wear a closed-toed, non-marking rubber soled athletic shoe while in CRT area. Sandals, clogs, Aqua socks or bare feet allowed in CRT area.
13. Do NOT drop dumbbells.
14. All bags, clothing and personal items must be kept in cubbies and/or lockers.
15. Participants must keep shoes on while utilizing stretching mats.
16. While stretching, shoes are not permitted on any walls.
17. No items shall be placed directly in front of emergency access doors.
18. Only properly manufactured weight belts are to be used.
19. Cellular phone usage is NOT permitted while in CRT area.
20. KU Recreation Services requests that participants clean machines after use.
21. Any KU Recreation Services staff member can ask any patron to leave the facility for violation of CRT policies.
1. Food and drink are NOT allowed in the Martial Arts Studio.
2. Only authorized staff is to operate audio equipment.
3. Equipment provided for aerobics classes may not be removed from the Aerobics Room at any time.
4. While stretching, shoes are not permitted on any walls.
5. For some activities, bare feet and/or socks are permissible in lieu of closed-toed non-marking rubber soled athletic shoes.
6. Please contact a member of the KU Recreation Services staff should an accident, injury or related incident occur. Your assistance in promoting safety is greatly appreciated.
Mary Chappell, Director
Student Recreation Fitness Center