Rosalie Lanier Gray KU Staff Assistance Fund
The purpose of the Rosalie Lanier Gray KU Staff Assistance Fund (“Fund”) is to provide appropriate relief to eligible staff of The University of Kansas (“KU”) who experience a qualifying event or emergency.
Persons eligible for an award from the fund shall be:
- Current staff member at any KU campus;
- Benefits eligible (i.e., 0.48 FTE or higher in a regular position);
- Full-time or part-time;
- Has completed at least six (6) months of continuous KU service;
- Has a satisfactory attendance record for the 12 months prior to any award of funds (or, if less than 12 months of service, satisfactory attendance since start date);
- Has not been subject to disciplinary action (i.e., involuntary demotion, suspension or dismissal) within the 12 months prior to any award of Funds (or, if less than 12 months of service, no disciplinary action since start date); and
- If Non-KUMC campus staff: Received a Satisfactory (or Meets Expectations) or higher rating on his/her last performance evaluation.
- If KUMC campus staff: Not received an Unsatisfactory rating on last performance evaluation.
The Fund shall provide appropriate relief to eligible staff of KU who experience a qualifying event or emergency. Donations to the Fund, applications for monetary assistance from the Fund, and award and distribution of monetary assistance from the Fund shall be effected in accordance with Guidelines issued by the Associate Vice Provost for Human Resource Management.
Persons who are not eligible to participate include faculty, temporary employees, student employees, affiliates and volunteers.
Intentional misrepresentation in the application for funds may result in cancellation and repayment of an award and/or may result in disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.
Human Resource Management
103 Carruth-O’Leary Hall
1246 W. Campus Road
Lawrence, KS 66045
01/30/2017: Policy uploaded into Policy Library. This policy is intended to implement a new Charitable Fund, effective 09/20/2016.