KU Edwards Proctoring Services
To describe policies for individual exam proctoring.
Faculty, staff, and students.
The KU Edwards Campus Student Success & Support Services unit and the Center for Faculty & Academic Administration support the exam needs of the KU Edwards Campus. Both teams work with KU Edwards Campus students and instructors to address special circumstances or classes that create a need for individual proctoring services.
- Students with individual exam needs must work with their instructor on exam arrangements.
- Students should follow the instructions online in order to apply for exam accommodations through the Student Access Center.
- Make-up exams are at the discretion of the student’s instructor.
- Instructors need to determine in advance if exams will be part of course assessment. If so, faculty should clearly indicate examination plans in their course syllabi.
- The Student Success & Support Services unit is responsible for all Student Access Center approved exam accommodations and individual make-up exams at the Edwards Campus. For these types of exams, contact Student Success & Support Services to make arrangements.
10/06/2021: Removed all references to group or whole-class proctoring services. Made grammatical changes. Updated Student Access Services to Student Access Center.
01/21/2020: Defined units responsible for individual, group, or whole-class proctoring services. Defined responsibilities for students and faculty requesting proctoring services. Updated contact information. Added related policy USRR 1.4.
07/15/2015: This policy was originally created on 06-08-2008. The Edwards Campus Policy & Procedures Committee updated the title to make it uniform. During a comprehensive review of all Edwards Campus policies, the Edwards Campus Vice Chancellor reviewed and reapproved this policy.
05/22/2015: Policy formatting cleanup (e.g., bolding, spacing).