KU Edwards Johnson County Education Research Triangle (JCERT) Scholarship
This policy describes the eligibility requirements for the JCERT Scholarship.
New and current undergraduate and graduate students who are residents of Johnson County, Kansas and admitted to an Edwards Campus JCERT-funded program.
The JCERT Scholarship is available to new and current undergraduate and graduate students admitted to a JCERT-funded program at the Edwards Campus who are residents of Johnson County, Kansas and demonstrate financial need.
New and current students must observe the following deadlines for eligibility to receive the JCERT Scholarship:
- Summer and fall admits must apply for admission/readmission by May 1 and submit their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Institutional Student Need Analysis Worksheet (ISNAW) by June 1.
- Spring admits must apply for admission/readmission by December 1 and submit their FAFSA or ISNAW by December 1.
- Current students must submit their FAFSA or ISNAW by June 1.
JCERT Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Resident of Johnson County, Kansas.
- Admitted/readmitted to an Edwards Campus JCERT-funded program by deadlines stated above.
- Submit FAFSA or ISNAW by deadlines stated above.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in at least six credit hours of Edwards Campus coursework each awarded semester.
- Graduate students must enroll in at least three credit hours of Edwards Campus coursework each awarded semester.
- New students must have a minimum transfer GPA of 2.5.
- Current students must maintain a minimum KU GPA of 2.5.
- JCERT-funded certificate programs are eligible for the scholarship.
- Students may receive either the JCERT Scholarship or the Edwards Campus Scholarship—these two scholarships cannot be combined.
Assistant Director of KU Edwards Financial Aid and Scholarships
Institutional Student Need Analysis Worksheet (ISNAW) - Form available for non-FAFSA eligible individuals, such as international students, students progressing toward U.S. permanent residency, or DACA students.
06/28/2023: Added minimum GPA of 2.5 for new and current students.
10/18/2022: Eligibility expanded to include current students. Removed eligibility for those individuals "employed in Johnson County, Kansas." Removed the minimum cumulative GPA. Updated contact information.
11/10/2020: Under eligibility requirements, changed "Resident of Johnson County, Kansas" to "Resident of or employed in Johnson County, Kansas."
08/05/2019: Replaced the EFC Calculator from the Big Future College Board website with the Institutional Student Need Analysis Worksheet. Changed the minimum cumulative GPA from 3.0 to 2.5.
05/25/2018: The JCERT and KU Edwards Scholarship were previously in one policy. The KUEC Policy & Procedures Committee created a separate policy for each. Added “JCERT-funded certificate programs are eligible for the scholarship.” Clarified that students who leave their program for one or more semesters and then return to the same program are not eligible for the scholarship. Clarified that students who were previously enrolled in an Edwards Campus undergraduate or graduate program and are admitted to a different Edwards Campus program are again eligible for the scholarship (if they meet all other eligibility requirements). Added definition of prospective/new student.
07/17/2017: New Policy approved by David Cook, Vice Chancellor of the KU Edwards Campus.