Upload a Policy-Related PDF, Word Document
- If uploading a PDF or DOC, you will first need to make sure your document has been saved to your computer, preferably in a folder dedicated to your unit’s policies and policy-related documents.
- Log into the Policy Library
- From the dark gray bar at the top of the page, select Add New Policy PDF/DOC. This will bring up a blank policy entry form to fill in.
- Enter Policy Title
- Select Document Type
- Enter Purpose and Applies To
- Select Campus(es) to which your document applies
- Upload the PDF/DOC
To upload a PDF/DOC
- Under the Document heading, select Choose File
- Select the PDF or Word Document you wish to add
- Click on Upload
- In Contacts & Dates section, select your unit from the Policy Owner drop-down list, and add your unit's contact information.
then fill in the Approved by, Approved on date, Effective on date fields, and select the appropriate Review Cycle from the dropdown
- Fill in Related Documents: Policies, Procedures, Forms and Other as applicable.
- Fill in Keywords and Change History.
- Click on the Category heading to expand the list of categories, and then click on an individual category to see all options within the category that may apply to your policy.
- Select URL path settings and uncheck ‘Generate automatic URL alias’
- Type tailored URL into URL Alias
By following the recommended URL naming convention, we can ensure that the subject and responsible unit for each Policy Library document is easily identifiable by the user. The recommended format for URL naming is as follows: [policy-owner]/policy-name.
Policy Owner: Human Resource Managment
Policy Title: Workplace Violence Policy
New URL: human-resources/workplace-violence-policy
- Under Revision Information at the bottom of the page, use the Revision log message field to provide as detailed an explanation as possible of the changes / updates you made.
- From the Moderation State drop down menu select either Needs Review (if you are ready for Policy Office staff to review and publish) or Current: Draft (if you want to save your work and come back to it at a later date).
- Select Save.