KU Edwards Proctoring Services
To describe policies for individual, group or whole-class proctoring.
Faculty, staff and students.
The KU Edwards Campus Student Success & Support Services Unit and the Center for Faculty & Academic Administration support the exam needs of the KU Edwards Campus. Both teams work with KU Edwards Campus students and instructors to address special circumstances or classes that create a need for individual, group, or whole-class proctoring services.
- Students with individual exam needs must work with their instructor on exam arrangements.
- Students should follow the instructions online in order to apply for test accommodations through Student Access Services.
- Make-up exams are at the discretion of the student’s instructor.
- Faculty need to determine in advance if exams will be part of course assessment. If so, faculty should clearly indicate examination plans in their course syllabus.
- Instructors who are aware they will not be present on a scheduled assessment date or are requesting additional proctoring assistance should notify the Center for Faculty & Academic Administration before the first day of class.
- Should an emergency arise, contact the Center for Faculty & Academic Administration as soon as possible as proctoring services are subject to staff availability. Instructors may need to reschedule or adjust assessment timing expectations in these emergency circumstances.
- The Student Success & Support Services unit is responsible for all Student Access Services approved exam accommodations and individual make-up exams at the Edwards Campus. For these types of exams, contact Student Success & Support Services to make arrangements.
01/21/2020: Defined units responsible for individual, group, or whole-class proctoring services. Defined responsibilities for students and faculty requesting proctoring services. Updated contact information. Added related policy USRR 1.4.
07/15/2015: This policy was originally created on 06-08-2008. The Edwards Campus Policy & Procedures Committee updated the title to make it uniform. During a comprehensive review of all Edwards Campus policies, the Edwards Campus Vice Chancellor reviewed and reapproved this policy.
05/22/2015: Policy formatting cleanup (e.g., bolding, spacing).