Reserved Parking Policy
To provide procedures and eligibility criteria for obtaining a reserved parking space on the University of Kansas campus.
Faculty and staff at the University of Kansas, Lawrence
The University of Kansas Parking and Transit Department makes a limited number of reserved parking spaces available to individuals holding specific positions within the University community.
This privilege is position-driven; holders of reserved spaces shall, upon termination in an eligible position, relinquish their space to the Provost Office for reassignment. State funds cannot be used to purchase funds for an individual's space, but may be used when departments wish to purchase a departmental reserved permit for sound business reasons. The cost of a reserved permit ($800 for FY 2013) is the responsibility of the permit holder.
Individuals holding reserved spaces are expected to ensure that the stall is occupied the majority of the time during business hours. Therefore, each person eligible to purchase a reserved parking space may designate an "alternate parker," someone who will use the space when the permit holder is not on campus. Parking will issue each permit holder a temporary permit to distribute to an alternate as needed. To use the permit, the alternate must display a valid KU staff permit in addition to the alternate permit. The alternate permit is valid only in the space number indicated on the permit.
At their request, the persons in the following positions shall, be eligible to purchase a reserved parking permit (7:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday). All other requests shall be submitted in writing or via email with appropriate documentation to the Vice Provost, Administration and Finance, who shall review requests on a case-by-case basis.
- Chancellor (24 hour stall)
- Chancellor’s Executive Assistant
- Chancellor's Guest Stall
- Chief Business & Financial Planning Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Director, Athletics
- Director, Dole Institute of Politics
- Director, Federal Relations
- Director, News and Media Relations, Public Affairs
- Director, Risk Management
- Director, State Relations
- Director, Strategic Communications, Public Affairs
- Director, University Ceremonies and Special Events, Public Affairs
- Distinguished Professors
- Employee of the Year, Unclassified Staff
- Employee of the Year, University Support Staff
- Enrollment Management
- Head Men’s Basketball Coach
- Head Women’s Basketball Coach
- Head Football Coach
- President, KU Alumni Association
- Provost (24 hour stall)
- Provost’s Executive Assistant
- Provost’s Guest Stalls (2)
- University Director, Internal Audit
- University Director, Institutional Research and Planning
- University General Counsel
- Vice Chancellors
- Vice Provosts
The University of Kansas, Lawrence, established a position-based reserved parking policy in 2002. The policy has been updated periodically to reflect changes in administrative structure and titles.
12/10/2014: Policy formatting cleanup (e.g., bolding, spacing).
05/16/2012: The current policy update was approved by the Vice Provost for Administration and Finance.
07/15/2002: Reserved Parking Policy established July 15, 2002 and updated periodically.