Undergraduate Enrollment Deposit Deferment
To determine who is eligible to receive an enrollment deposit deferment.
Applies to undergraduate domestic new freshmen admitted students that plan on attending KU. A form is submitted and approved as the deferment is not to be a barrier to attend KU. The enrollment deposit is then added to the bill.
New students who plan to attend KU but would like a deferment of the enrollment deposit must meet one of the following criteria to qualify for a deferment:
- Student received a KU admission application fee waiver from the Office of Admissions
- Student is eligible for a federal Pell Grant
- Student currently participates in a TRIO program, GEAR Up, KC Scholars, or Project Discovery
- Student received the ACT/SAT fee waiver or participates in federal free/reduced lunch program
- Other requests by student, parent or counselor
Students must complete the deferral form and submit as soon as possible. The deposit is added to a student's KU bill for later payment. The charge is not waived but deferred.
Director of Admissions
KU Visitor Center
08/21/2020: Updated to remove specific costs update, organizations and contact information.
03/23/2015: Updated to reflect current nomenclature for Student Account Services.
09/16/2014: Contact information updated.