State of Kansas Scholarship Program
To award resident, undergraduate students who have been designated as Kansas State Scholars during their senior year of high school.
Undergraduate students at the University of Kansas.
State scholars are designated during their high school senior year. The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Enrolled as full-time undergraduate student, demonstrate financial need (need is measured by Federal methodology using FAFSA data) attend a Kansas university, college or technical school are eligible for funding consideration for up to four years of undergraduate study (five years if enrolled in a designated five year program.
- Kansas State Scholar recipients currently must maintain a 3.00 cumulative undergraduate GPA, demonstrate financial need and apply for funding each year by May 1 to be eligible applicants. Students apply at www.kansasregents.org/student/student_financial-aid
- If student is not eligible for the scholarship, due to the financial ineligibility, or other scholarships and grants have met all of student's financial need, student is encouraged to apply for future academic years.
- Award amount is $1,000 per year ($500 per semester).
- Student must also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
1502 Iowa Street
12/09/2020: Reviewed policy and added Edwards Campus.
10/14/2019: Reviewed and updated.
02/14/2018: removed application fee requirement.