State of Kansas Scholarship Program
To award students who have been designated as state scholars during their senior year of high school.
State scholars are designated during their high school senior year. The eligibility criteria, which is based on Kansas State law, is as follows:
- Full-time enrolled, financially needy Scholars attending a Kansas university, college or technical school are eligible for funding consideration for up to four years of undergraduate study (five years if enrolled in a designated five year program).
- State Scholar recipients currently must maintain a 3.00 cumulative undergraduate GPA, demonstrate financial need and apply for funding each year to be eligible applicants.
- If student is not eligible for a scholarship one year due to the financial strength of their family or other scholarships and grants that meet all of their calculated financial need, student should apply again the succeeding year.
- Family circumstances, the need analysis formula and/or other aid available to the student may change from year to year.
- Award amount is $1,000 per year ($500 per semester).
To apply, an eligible student must submit an application by May 1st. (For application information see Related Documents section below.) Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).