TRIO Supportive Educational Services and TRIO STEM (TRIO SES & STEM) Grant Assistance and the TRIO Grant
Financial Aid and Scholarships (FAS) assists the TRIO SES & STEM office with reporting and awarding TRIO grant aid to SES and STEM students as part of serving students in special populations. The TRIO grant has been designed to financially assist TRIO SES & STEM participants who are Pell recipients. The intention of the grant is to reduce the amount of indebtedness of participants with limited income.
SES TRIO Grant Eligibility Criteria:
- A student must have been accepted to receive services from the TRIO SES & STEM programs and be in compliance with the TRIO SES & STEM program requirements outlined in the program participation agreement signed by the student.
- Students must apply for the grant each academic year.
- Students must be degree-seeking.
- Student must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards as defined by KU FAS.
- There is no minimum GPA for grant eligibility as long as student is meeting SAP standards.
- There is no minimum enrollment (student may receive award if enrolled in as few as one credit hour).
- The student must be a Federal Pell Grant recipient AND have unmet need that is equal to or higher than the Federal Pell Grant minimum appropriation for the academic year.
- The application priority date is the mid-point of each fall term, the 8th week of fall classes.
- Award amount is typically consistent with the smallest Federal Pell Grant award for a full-time student. By federal regulations, the award amount must be equal to or greater than the minimum Federal Pell Grant award for a full-time student.
- Awards are dependent upon availability of funds from various sources. Federal regulations require that there be an institutional match of at least 33%.
- Freshmen and sophomore students will have priority over junior and senior students.
- Students are awarded based on eligibility criteria, application date and fund availability.
11/30/2020: Reviewed and updated policy; added Edwards Campus.
11/08/2017: Updated contact information, approval.